Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wed. Oct. 8th

Well today was a hard day around here.  Molly is very sick.  The poor little thing really does not feel good.  Today our guide Nelson thought it would be best if Molly and I stay at the hotel and try and get her some much needed rest.  This whole experience has been bringing back lots of memories of when we finally got Madelin -  she was very sick also.

Molly took a great nap in the morning and then we played and played - but since she is not feeling that well she just kind of sat there and let me do all the work.

She wants so bad to put her head on my shoulder when I hold her but the trust is not there yet - so when she does she realizes wait a minute I dont really know who this lady is.  And then pulls back quickly.

We also are having some issues with the orphanage.  Originally we asked if we could come and look at the orphanage but they said no.  Then we asked if we donate something like an air conditioner, heater or washer would they let us come and visit?  They finally said yes if we brought with us baby clothes 0-12 months in size.  All the families agreed and brought clothes.  Well then yesterday we had to pay our donation fee - well the orphanage director said that instead of that amount they wanted two thousand more dollars.  Over the last year there has been talk of the CCAA raising their donation amount to the amount this orphanage was requesting however they have not changed the policy yet.  So our guide told the orphanage director that the policy has not changed so my families cannot pay the higher fee.  She said that they really wanted us to pay the higher fee and if we decided not to that we would not be able to visit the orphanage.  All of us were pretty upset.  Of course we knew that things could change once we got here - because we are in China and that is how things work but it still was a sad moment for all of us.  We all talked as a group and decided that we were not going to pay the higher fee because we were not 100% sure that money was going to go to the kids.   So on Friday we will drive to Poyang and see the orphanage from the gate - and that is where we will leave our donation clothes.

This evening was not fun.  Molly and the other babies are having poop issues.  Poor kids.  Molly has been trying to poop from noon until about 9:00pm.  You can see how much pain they are in which just makes me sick to my stomach.  We even when out to dinner tonight our family and Nelson and in the middle of the restaurant Nelson wants me to hold her with her back on my chest and my hands holding her legs about the knee and then he wants me to say push, push, push and make grunting sounds.  We are already feeling like all eyes are on us so there is no way I am going to do that.  But when we get back to the hotel Nelson and the doctor decide she needs to have an enema.  Oh man I really dont want to do this but at the same time she is in so much pain.  This was the worst night so far.  So Nelson gives her the enema - I wont go into lots of detail but after about 15 min. some of it is out but then all of a sudden we have tons of blood.  I mean tons of it.  I see Nelson turn white then I see Greg he turns white and I start to cry.  I am asking Nelson what is going on???  He said he did not know this has not happened before.  And now Molly passes out cold.  He calls the doctor immediately and he rushes over.  Molly has not moved in about 10 minutes.  I have been trying to wake her up but nothing is working.  The Dr. arrives and he checks her out and says that she is okay he said that this can sometimes happen and since the blood is very red we dont need to worry.  He said that she passed out because she was so tired from all the hard work trying to poop.

After the Dr. leaves I run down to Allison's room she let me use her panda phone so I could call our Dr. in the US.  I get thru to Dr. Uthe and she asks me a series of questions and she thinks that Molly will be okay.  She said yes the other Dr. was correct that this can happen but the part that concerns her is that blood in the potty or stool can be symptoms of the melamine.  She told me that it might happen again tomorrow but if it continues to happen we need to go to the hospital as soon as possible.

No comments: