Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finally it is Oct. 6 2008!!! Today is the day.

Finally today is the day.  I just cant believe it.  We had a wake up call at 4:00am - however I woke up at 2:09am and just could not go back to sleep.  Madelin woke up about 3:15am - so needless to say we are all up and ready to go.  We have a few things left to pack but at 5:00am a porter will come and pick up the bags and we will be off to the Beijing Airport.  Yippee!!!

It is hard to believe that after 3 years and 4 months that this is finally happening!!!  I keep thinking about all the tears we have shed over the last three years and all the ups and downs while we waited.  The wait seemed never ending.  However today as I sit in my hotel room I am just plain FREAKING OUT!!!!  I have a ton of emotions ranging from excited, happy, scared, nervous, a little sick and of course the feeling of not being prepared.  We also are starting to remember all the things that come with a baby - like diapers - wow that is going to be a shock to go back to.  And bottles, formula, spit up, naps, taking tons of stuff with you everywhere and working your schedule some what around her.  BREATHE!!!!   I keep telling myself this is all going to work out and the only reason this is finally happening is because this child is supposed to be apart of our family.  I pray this morning for Molly (Bo Wan) that she enjoys her time with her nannies this morning and that the trip to Nanchang (3.5 hours) is not too hard on her.  I pray that she will one day know how much we have alway wanted her. Greg and I knew we would come back for another child well before we even started the paperwork for Madelin.  We pray that she feels our love right away and that even though she is scared that she is open to us.  We pray that this day is not as hard on her as we think it is going to be.  

In a few hours we will finally have you in our arms.  I just can't wait!!!!

No comments: