Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thurs. Oct. 9th

Today is Walmart day - I am so bummed I cant go because Molly is still so sick.  So I send Greg and Madelin to try and find some clothes for Molly.  We have nothing that really fits her.  I have advised Greg when in question ask Allison for help.  It will be interesting to see what they come back with.

I am going a little stir crazy being here at the hotel.  Thankfully we did get a suite so at least I can move around a little.

Today we find out that Scott is now sick.  Man I swear our whole group is falling apart.  This is my first trip to China where everyone is getting sick or having some kind of issue.

The group is also going to the Pagota today - this is one of my favorite places in Nanchang - I am sad I wont be able to go.  It is so beautiful there plus there is lots of shopping.  This is where we plan to get our chops.  It is suppose to be one of the best places to get them in China.  In 2004 we got ours in Guangzhou but once home we realized they really did not work.  So we are excited to get one for each of us here.

Greg and Madelin came back with the outfits - apparently they did not have very many small clothes there.  But they did find a few things that will work until we can get home and do some shopping.  I am also hoping we might find a few things in Guangzhou.  We also have been looking for paper towels but I guess they dont use them here.  Can you even imagine?   

Molly seems to be feeling a little better later in the day.  She is smiling more and is starting to trust me more and more.  Today she finally laid her head on my shoulder for about 3 minutes.  She is also a thumb sucker - which I totally love!!!

Tonight I am starting to not feel good my throat is killing me.  I am hoping it will go away by morning.

No comments: