Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We Have Molly - part two.

She slept about 1/2 hour and then the doctor came.  They wanted to wake her up which of course I was totally against!!!  But we ended up waking her up and she actually did much better.   She was still curious and still looking for her nanny but not screaming.  Although now when ever I leave the room she screams!!! 

All the families met in our living room to work on paperwork.  We also got a few things from the orphanage that we were not expecting.  One was a small picture book with about 10 pictures of Molly that we do not have.  And the other was her finding ad in the actual paper.  A finding ad is placed in the local newspaper after a baby is found with the childs picture and what she was wearing and how she was found.  I guess it is just to make sure this child was truly abandoned.  When I see these I alway get sad because on the same page of Molly's finding ad is about another 60 babies.  I is hard for me to process I guess.

The other thing that we found out tonight was not very good news.  We were all pretty upset about it.  But Nelson told us that the orphanage Director had asked us for a much higher donation instead of the policy amount.  Nelson was confused because the donation fee is set- now there has been talk and rumors flying around that the fee is going up but the CCAA has not changed its policy yet.  He said that the policy still is the lower amount.  They said yes but they are asking for the higher amount which is MUCH higher.  He said that we would be happy to pay the fee but we will pay what the policy states - the director then said that if we pay the higher fee we can come and see the orphanage on Friday but if not then they would not give us a tour.  How sick is that?  We were all pretty mad - especially because they had told us if we bring a clothes donation that we would be able to see the orphanage.  I keep reminding myself that this is China - and they do things different here.  But it is so frustrating because the only reason we want the tour is so we can have documentation of where our daughter lived the first 9 months of her life.  This is only for our girls - and it makes no sense to me why they would not want to help an adoptive family get as much info on our girls as we can get.  But again we are in China.

We are still going to give all our family donations along with the WHP clothes donations on Friday but we will have to leave them with the guard at the gate!!!  

Then about 8pm Greg came into the bedroom and he said that Carol (Scott's mom) was very sick and they want to take her to the hospital.  He looked very worried - and then he said she is very upset and sitting on her bed crying.  Molly and I went down to the room and she was just sitting there crying.  I felt awful - I sat down beside her and put my arm around her she started sobbing saying she was so scared.  I told her I know she is scared but everyone is so worried about you and if you need to go to the hospital then that is what you need to do.  The hospitals here are nothing like the ones in the States and it is very scary especially when you first see one if you not expecting it.  I told her that if Uncle Nelson thinks it is best to take her to the hospital then she should go - I promised her that he would take care of her and not let anything bad happen.  I have known Nelson for the past four year and he is a wonderful caring man that would do anything for our children and all of us that adopt.   Her son Scott was in the hall - I wanted to go with her but I knew I could not because I had just gotten Molly and I really am working on bonding (especially because of all the issues we had the last time).  She whispered to me that she wanted Scott to go with her.  So I went in the hall and talked with him and he said he would go if we could watch their daughter Ella.  I know he was so torn - he did not want to leave Ella but his mom was so scared.

So we thought we had everything worked out and then someone threw out the idea (cant remember who) what about calling your doctor?  So we tried to get thru but non of our Panda phones would work calling the Dr.'s office.  So Scott called his wife in WI. on SKPE and she got all the info and called the Dr.'s office. 

Meanwhile as we wait for the Dr. to call Greg brought a bottle down for Molly and guess what???  She drank it!!!  Yippee.  And it was our soy formula that we brought from home.   China formula is very sweet so we put a little sugar in it and then will gradually reduce the amount of sugar each time until she is used to our formula.

It was getting very late so I told them I needed to put Molly down and see if I could get her to sleep and then I would come back.  Got back to the room and changed her and put PJ's on and laid her in the crib and she was out!!!  Another yippee!!!

Back to Scott and Carol's room - the Dr. had called and told her a few things he wanted her to do before she went to the hospital - so I told them I was going to bed but if they need me just let me know.

The next morning (Tues.) I woke up at 4:00am - could not go back to sleep so I thought I would hop in the shower before everyone got up.  Big mistake - it woke both girls up.  We we had some play time on the bed before getting ready.  Madelin said the funniest thing while we were hanging out.  She said - mom this baby thing is really not working for me!!!  So funny - yet I know she is hurting a little.  So we talked for awhile and she seemed to feel a little better.  Then off to breakfast downstairs.  Got a bowl of congree (rice and water) and sat down and before I know it Molly has ahold of the plate that the hot congree is sitting on.  That was a close call - I just about had the whole bowl all down the front of me.  Which would have meant more laundry to do in the sink.  Yuck!!!

We met in the lobby and signed some papers before heading off to CAO.  It is interesting here any time you sign a legal document here you have to also seal it with your thumb print.  And it has to be in red ink.  I said something to Nelson about this - and he was shocked that we don't do that in the States.

Then at 8:30am we were back on a bus weaving in and out of traffic on our way to the Civil Affairs Office to finalize the paperwork.  We arrived and there were a few other families there too finalizing their paperwork to.

No comments: