Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yahoo 8 DAYS!!!!

Well yesterday it was confirmed that Dec. 27, 2005 is the cut off for referrals.  That is eight days!!!  Yahoo!!!  I know it does not seem like a lot but that is more then what we have seen for months.  So now we are exactly 3o days away from our LID.   Of course we know each month the news tends to change - but for now we are excited!!!  Who knows what is going to happen in the next few months.  We are hoping to receive referral in the next 4-8 months. Earlier would be wonderful - but not sure if that is realistic.  We are a little concerned about the 2008 Olympics.  We have no idea what the impact of that might be.  We are hoping we would travel either a month or two before the Olympics or a month or two after.  We are concerned if we travel close to the Olympics that we might not be able to travel as a family due to expense.

Today it is snowing like crazy here.  I could not believe how fast it was coming down this morning - they are saying snow thru midnight tonight.  Madelin of course is pretty excited about the possibility of sledding.  But the bad news is that her first day of swimming was cancelled due to the snow.

We had a really busy weekend.  Friday night our friend Sandi came over for dinner and a movie.  She is also adopting and her LID is March 27th a couple of months past ours.  The wait has been hard on her and the rest of us too.  The whole waiting game has been very stressful and emotional for all of us.  Plus in her case because she is single she had to wait an additional year just to get a slot.  So she has really been waiting a long time.  I feel so bad for her - I wish there was something I could do for all of us to make the wait more bearable.   

Then Sat. was the Chinese Association of Iowa's Chinese New Year celebration.   It was such a fun day.  They did a really nice job this year with the performances.  They had lots of dancers, musicians and of course the traditional dragon dance.  The girls all had so much fun.  Then a few families went to lunch at Chopsticks - Jim and Kathy know the owner Winnie - she just bought the place a few months ago.  So had great food and great company.  It is so amazing to see all the girls and how much they have grown.

We hurried home and then Mary one of Madelin's friends came over for her first official sleep over.  Yikes!!!  The girls play so well together and its almost easier with two then just one.  Mary sticks to Madelin like glue and of course Madelin becomes a bit bossy.  At bed time I had told them it was important to go to bed, no talking. They were so quite for a long time and then the whispering started and giggling it was so cute.  We let it go on for about 1/2 hour then I went up.  When I opened the door I could see they were holding hands.  So cute.   I could tell that Mary thought she was in trouble and Madelin did not seem phased.  I stayed up there and talked to them for a few minutes but made sure they knew it was time for bed.  They were quite the rest of the night.  In the morning they were both so excited that they were still together.  They were jumping around giggling and goofing off - it was so funny.  

Madelin went off to Sunday school and Mary went home.  Greg had a few friends coming over for a Super Bowl party so we worked on the house and some of the food.  Then Madelin had a birthday party at Bella's.  It was a princess party so she had to dress up.  Wow was she ever excited.  I was curious what a princess party was.  Madelin had informed me a couple days before that she had decided what she wanted to be when she grows up.  I said what?  She said a princess.  Then she got really sad and with tears in her eyes she said but Mom I cant be a princess!  I said why?  She said because she had the wrong color hair!  Oh my gosh I was balling like a baby in the front seat of the car.  I turned to her and said if you want to be a princess you can be a princess.  She said no Mom I need to have blonde or yellow hair.  Talk about heartbreaking!  I explained to her that their were many princesses with black hair.  Just broke my heart.

But Bella's birthday party was perfect timing.  They had cinderella there who crowned each of them a princess.  It was so cute.  At the end of the party Madelin said Mom you were right I can be a princess!!!  Like I said it could not have been better timing.

That night Madelin and I went to Lisa and Bryans for half of the Super Bowl then at half time we drove home so we could spend some time with Greg and his friends.  They said the last part of the game was really good.  All in all a very busy weekend. 

No comments: