Monday, February 25, 2008

Close to cut off date for 100 Good Wish Quilt Squares

This past weekend I spent a whole day sorting thru all the quilt squares and wishes that we have gotten from family and friends in the last few weeks.  Each one is so different - it was so fun sorting thru them and reading each wish.

I sorted all the quilt squares and wishes for each girl and gave them each their own box - to keep things straight.  Missy Moo help too she thought it was so fun.  We are so thankful for all our family and friends.  We really appreciate all of you taking the time to help us with this project.  I know it was probably an unusual request - or at least one you might not have gotten before.  Ha Ha.

The bad news is that we only have 30 squares for each quilt!!!  It really did seem like so much more - but I counted a couple of times and thats all there is so far.  I know of a lot of people that have said they are still working on them.  DH and I talked tonight about what we are going to do if we don't get enough.  We have a couple of ideas.  One is that we will make up the rest with all the wishes we have for our children.  And the other is there is a yahoo group that we can join and swap squares and wishes with other families that are adopting from China.  I am not 100% sure how I feel about using the group yet.  I would love it if all the wishes could come from people that know us and will know our girls.  But at the same time 100 squares is a lot.  And we are actually collecting 200 squares and wishes because we are making two quilts.  So I might have to break down and do the yahoo group.

Oh and today we Missy Moo and I met with Angela  - she is the angel that is helping me put the quilt together.  She is amazing and she is so excited about the project.  She is so full of life - we just love to be around her.  We were just touching base on what we still need to get and what we have.  We were hoping to start putting the first quilt together the first week of March - but now we are going to wait for another couple of weeks and try for the middle of March.

DH talked to his brother Neal tonight and they said they are going to participate and we got an email today from one of his sisters saying she was going to send hers by the end of the week.  Oh ya and I also got an email from my cousins wife Joc - they are sending theirs this week too.  So I am trying not to worry about it yet.

The last couple of weeks have been really busy for us.  We have been trying to get our play/craft room done.  So we stained the floors and then put three coats of poly on them.  Then the fun part was putting together all the IKEA furniture we got while we were in Seattle.  DH said I should get a job somewhere putting the furniture together - I just loved it!!!  Probably because there is no words in the directions.  Yahoo - just pictures.  Guess I can put stuff together when there are just pictures.  Forget real directions - that is when I get ADHD - I must read them 100 times over and over and still cant figure out what they are saying.  But this time once we had everything together I have to say I was so sad there was not more to build.

The good news is that the room is finally together and looks pretty good.  It is such a great space for Missy Moo and I.  This week we have been up here everyday for hours at a time. She has all her toys up here and then we have dual space for crafts and projects.  It is fabulous!!!  I have my sewing area all set up and ready to start the quilts.  It really is very exciting.

This past weekend we spent Friday night with the Wies and the Kru - we always have such a great time with them.  They made cedar plank salmon - yummy.  We are all so ready for grilling weather.  Come on spring - we are ready for you to arrive.  The winter has been long especially since we have had snow on the ground since Nov.!!!  Anyway it was a wonderful evening - a LATE evening but so fun.

Then Sat. we worked around the house and ran errands.  Missy Moo had a swimming birthday party to go to in the afternoon.   Then we had our next door neighbors over for dinner on Sat. night.  Again, we had a wonderful evening. 

Missy Moo started swimming lessons at the University a few weeks ago.  She is doing so great!!!  We are so proud of her.  She really seems to love the class and just cant wait to go.  It has been fun watching her over come some of her fears.  She really did not like putting her face in the water at first.  In fact the first night we had some tears and of course the comment - I don't want to go back to swimming.  But she did and every night has gone great!!!  She is taking swimming with a friend of hers Lauren - she is four also and adopted from China.  They are so cute together. They have to do everything together.  But the down side is that DH and I have decided that we are not to excited about night activities.  We just cant get over how quick the week goes when she has swimming on Tues. and Thurs. nights.  Plus spending time in a pool area and then going outside where it is 10 degrees below - is not fun.  Especially when the University Boys basketball team has a game.  Apparently they are doing really well - because when they have a game we have to park a mile away due to no parking.  And when it is cold out - ouch!!!!


No comments: