Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year (EVE)

Well it is Chinese New Year (Eve).  We were suppose to have some friends over for Chinese New Year for Hot Pot - but due to weather and sick kids DH's cousins decided not to come.  I think we got about 8" last night and this morning.  It is so pretty outside.  Today I had the Wies girl here for the morning while their mom had chemo treatment.  Right before their mom got here the plows came thru and I knew there was no way she could get in our driveway so I called her to tell her to use our neighbors driveway because he had been working on it all morning.  That is when she informed me that her car was stuck down the street.  Yikes!!!  She could not get out.  So I called some friends of ours they live right there - I was hoping the husband was still home and he might be able to give her a push.  But he was already gone.  The wife said she could see her stuck.  Then I looked out the window and my neighbor was still home and just getting in the car.  I opened the window and yelled over at him.  I explained that my friend was stuck just down the street and wondered if he had time to drive by and see if he could help push her out.  He said no problem he was going to load up the kids and then go.  As I was talking to him out the window I look next to me and there is Missy Moo eating the snow right off the window seal. Yikes.  Then Lisa called back and said she just got out.  Yahoo.

Once the girls were here I made breakfast.  It was so funny I had given the girls a few options of what I could make. The oldest said she wanted eggs.  Then I asked the youngest do you want eggs?  She said no I want French Toast!!!  I said okay - then I said to the older one do you want French Toast too?  She said no I will just order eggs!!!!  I thought that was so funny I could not stop laughing.  

Then the girls played for awhile all around the house.  Then the oldest one said lets go outside and play in the snow.  Seemed like everyone wanted to go outside so we all bundled up and headed out.  It was still snowing - and the girls were so cute they were really having a hard time walking thru the snow.  They all kept falling and then they would say I cant get up.  We finally made it to the front yard. They all picked a stop and pretty much just stayed in that area making snow angels, trying to make snowmen (but the snow was not really working for that) and of course eating it!!!  Every time I turned around they had a mouth full of snow.

We finally came inside and I gave them hot chocolate as they warmed up.  Then off to play again.  Wow I am amazed at how fast the days goes with three little ones.  Next thing I knew it was time for lunch so I had them each make their own pizza.  They had so much fun and I have to say I think they might all work at a pizza joint while in high school.  They all did a great job.

Not sure how we will celebrate tonight but I know we will do something. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments: