Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Finally Our Friends are home with their Daughter!!!

I forgot to post the most exciting news.  Our friends  got home last Friday with their daughter  from China.

Thurs. was a whirlwind of a day around here.  We were so busy all day I dont think we got home until about 4:30pm that night - just in time to get Missy Moo ready for swimming lessons and leave by 5:30pm.  DH took her to the pool while I went and picked up a balloon and a stuffed animal for our friends arrival tonight.  Then I rushed to the airport.  When I got here I found out their plane was a few minutes late so I visited with many other families and friends that had also come to celebrate their arrival.

Soon the family appeared at the top of the escalator.  It was so exciting and emotional.  Every time I go to the airport to meet a family that is coming back from China - it brings so many memories of our experience with Missy Moo.  I always find myself standing there crying.  It was so exciting to see them bring this little girl home.  She is three years old and the sweetest little thing.  She was so sweet just watching everyone that was watching her.  I could not help but think what do you think she is thinking with all these people and kids watching her.  For a family that had been traveling over 24 hours - they all looked so good and their daughter was such a trooper as we all talked and hugged for about two hours.

Finally DH and Missy Moo showed up.  Missy Moo was not as excited as I thought she would be.  She actually was not interested at all in meeting their little girl or even saying hi to our friends.  This wait for her sister has really taken a toll on her.  She wants her sister to come home so bad - and I think seeing them with their daughter was hard because she is so ready for it to be our turn.  When I was watching the family arrive - I have to admit it was the first time that I really let myself feel something with the adoption.  And I all of a sudden realized how tired I am of the wait.  It really has been a long road and so emotional.  I never in a million years thought we first would be waiting this long - but second, I never thought the wait would take so much out of me.  But it really has.   This June will be three years since we started the process.  And when we started we thought the wait would be about 7 months.  Each month the wait got longer and longer and now I am realizing how much a toll it has taken on all of us.

We hope and pray every day that our child comes home soon.  

Our friends daughter has been doing great since they got home.  She shares a room with her sister.  She might go to the same preschool as Missy Moo next year - different age and class but same school.  They went to the schools fundraiser on Tues. night and they said she did great.  It really is just so exciting to watch a family come together thru adoption.  We are so excited to get to know her and include her in our lives.  Welcome home Sweet Girl!!!

No comments: