Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yippee - we got our referral yesterday.

Monday afternoon just about the time I was trying to put Missy Moo down for a nap the phone rang.  It was one of our travel partners.  She said have you got the call?  I said what call?  She said the call?  I said no have you?  She said yes they just called us and we have a baby girl!!!  At this point I start shaking and I am thinking oh my gosh it is finally time.   We hung up and I called DH immediately but could not get thru.  So I waited which felt like about an hour which in reality it was maybe one minute.  Then I called a good friend of mine.  I told her oh my gosh our travel partner got their referral!!!  She said did you?  I said not yet!!!  We both started to cry.  Then all of a sudden the other line rang.  I said I have to go it is them.

I switched over and it was Mary E from our agency.  She said are you having a good day?  I said yes are you?  She said yes, do you want to have an even better day?  I said of course I do.  She said you have a little girl!!!  Her name is Bo Wan and she is in Jiangxi Province and living at the Poyang SWI.  She is 8 months old!!!!  The conversation did not last long - mostly because they only had limited information because the paperwork still needed to be translated.  She said do you want to come in for the paperwork and picture.  I said yes - then she said I will see you in a few minutes.

I kept trying to call my DH - but he was on a conference call at work.  Finally I could not take it and called his assistant and asked her to place a not in front of him to call hom immediately.  He called home and I said we have a daughter!!! 

We are thrilled beyond words.  And to be honest I think we might still be in shock.  I think when you wait that long 38 months so far from start of paperwork to referral we started to think maybe it was not going to happen.  To be honest I am not sure if I will believe it until maybe we are packing, or on the plane or maybe not until they place her in our arms.

Last night was a blast!!!  One of our travel partners came over with their referral and then a ton of our friends and their families.  We ordered pizza and some of the moms brought desserts and we all just hung out on the deck and visited and of course oohed and aahed over the babies.

After everyone left a good friend of mine called crying and saying did you get referral?  I said yes.  I said I tried to call you but only could leave messages.  She said she had been out at the fair with her girls all day.  Then she asked if she could come over.  I said of course.  I was so excited that they were coming because they were the ones that were missing at our pizza party and I kept thinking about them.  Then her husband surprised us and came over too - he drove all the way from their house (which is about 20-25 minutes away) then his wife and kids showed up shortly after.  It was so fun to have them here!!!

After that we realized that we left our original pictures of Bo Wan at Kinko's.  How sad is that we had our daughter for about an hour and then leave her at the store.  Ha Ha.  By the time I got home it was close to midnight.

Oh ya and the other funny thing that happened was that Missy Moo was so excited about being a big sister - she said mom I am so excited what is her name?  I said Bo Wan.  The she started belly laughing and then stopped and said ya but what are we really going to call her???  It was hilarious.

It was a wonderful day and one that we wont forget.  Now of course we just want to go get our daughter!!!!

 

No comments: